Doing business with Camden
The Council has a paperless Purchase to Pay system which enables the full purchasing and payment process to be carried out on-line from order creation and authorisation to receipting and invoice matching.
Purchase orders and invoices
Camden has a no purchase order no payment policy. It is a requirement that suppliers commit to the following:
- To provide good and/or services only when in receipt of a valid Purchase Order (PO) generated from the Council’s ordering system
- To quote the valid Purchase Order number on all invoices or credit notes submitted to the Council. Invoices without a valid PO number will be returned to the Supplier.
- To submit all invoices and credit notes electronically through any reasonable means requested by the Council. This may include but is not limited to: connecting to the Council’s e-invoicing hub Supplier Portal to convert PO’s to Invoices, or PDF invoices via email.
- To provide credit notes for any goods returned or service not delivered.
- To use Supplier Portal to find information on POs, receipts and payments
- To accept all payments by BACS
- Where feasible, and in discussion with the Council, to provide electronic catalogues of goods/services provided. These catalogues can be used to simplify purchasing.
If you have the PO number only and want to check that an order is genuine, check on supplier portal or please contact the purchase to pay team.
To help us to pay your invoice on time all invoices must be sent to the 'invoice to' address on the purchase order.
Please do not send the invoice to the person ordering from you: they will not be able to pay it.
For more information, visit Camden's new e-invoicing service web page.