Support for local suppliers
We are committed to supporting local small and medium sized enterprises and voluntary and community organisations to give them the opportunity to tender for private and public sector contracts. You will be able to view all available council contracts worth between £5,000 to £100,000 on the London-wide portal called Compete For. Through Compete for you can also access a range of business opportunities across a variety of sectors and industries including Transport for London, Crossrail and the Greater London Authority. In order to successfully tender for these contracts you will need to be ‘fit to supply’ the public sector (see more below).
Sign up now
What do you need to do to be 'fit to supply'?
Some criteria you need to start considering in order to be 'fit to supply' public sector contracts are:
• an equality and diversity policy
• an environmental policy and environmental management accreditation
• a health and safety policy
• business continuity and risk planning
• a quality assurance policy
• a data protection policy
• employer's liability insurance
Sign up to the economic development mailing list
You can register for opportunity alerts and upcoming events by emailing economic development. Emails alerts will include some of the following content:
• regular alerts on public sector contracts such as Crossrail and Camden Council opportunities
• signposting to workshops covering a range of topics including supplying to the public sector, how to write a good tender and how to get environmental and other accreditations
• signposting to business support organisations who can help you become fit to supply
• 'Meet the Buyer' events where you can meet big buyers looking to procure from local small and medium businesses.