Background and master plan
The proposals will deliver:
- 280 new energy efficient homes
- 112 Council homes
- 168 homes for private sales or rent
The story so far
The Abbey regeneration is centred on the junction of Abbey Road and Belsize Road and the masterplan was first given the go ahead in 2013. It is a three-phase project:
- Phase 1: completed in March 2019 and saw the delivery of 141 much needed new homes.
- Phase 2: was completed in 2022 and comprises a new two-storey building accommodating the Abbey Community Centre on the ground floor and the Belsize Priory Medical Practice on the first floor. Phase 2 also included landscape improvements, a relocated car park and changes to the road layout.
- Phase 3: will deliver the final piece in the jigsaw and will complete the transformation of the area. Work on Phase 3 will be starting in late Spring 2023.
Latest news (updated March 2023)
London Borough of Camden Abbey Development Team
Matthew Haley, Senior Development Manager
Allison Esson, Development Manager
Oluremi Oloko, Development Officer