Moving out checklist - Private Renters in Camden
Moving out checklist
- Find your tenancy agreement and any attachments
- Find your move-in inventory
- Clean the property and make sure it is in the same condition as when you moved in, apart from fair wear and tear.
- Attend move-out inventory inspection
- Pay your bills
- Make sure you pay all your bills before moving out – gas, electric, broadband, council tax , water etc.
- Take photos of your electric and gas meter readings when you leave.
- Contact all companies you pay before you move out to tell them date you will be leaving. This should prevent you being charged for anything once you leave.
- Redirect your post to your new address
- Royal Mail have a redirection service, with costs starting at £33.99.
- Parking permit – if you have a parking permit, make sure you call the council to arrange for it to be cancelled or altered for your new address.
- Notify the following of your change of address (not all of these will apply to you):
- Letting agent
- Old local council
- New local council (could be the same)
- Council tax
- Electricity supplier
- Gas supplier
- Water supplied
- Landline phone / broadband / mobile phone
- DVLA (for your car)
- Band and credit card provider
- Insurance / pension provider
- Schools / Universities
- Doctor / Dentist
- Make arrangements for your moving out day
- Remove and dispose of any rubbish, food or unwanted items and ensure you have defrosted fridge and freezers safely.
- Return keys to your letting agent or landlord
Find my nearest
The easiest way to find nearest schools, council services, your councillors, car parks and more.