Recycling bin or bags
In your recycling bin or bags, you can put:
- plastic – including carrier bags, bottles, pots, tubs and cartons
- paper – including newspapers, magazines and letters
- cardboard – including cereal and egg boxes
- metal – including tins, cans, aerosols, aluminium foil and bottle tops
- glass – including bottles and jars
We won’t collect your recycling if it contains anything that can’t be recycled. This includes black bin liners, textiles, nappies or food.
- rinse and empty all containers.
- remove film lids on plastic pots, tubes and trays
- flatten or fold large cardboard boxes
If your recycling doesn’t fit in your bin, put it in a cardboard box or clear plastic bag next to your bin.
For more information, read what you can recycle (PDF). Alternatively, if you live in a flat in a shared house consider putting this poster up in your shared hallway or using it as a conversation starter to speak to your neighbours about recycling