If you’re struggling to keep your home warm, we may be able to provide you with a grant for the installation and maintenance of energy efficient/low carbon measures to help.
What works are eligible?
The approved energy efficiency measures that you can apply for are:
- installation of new central heating systems, for example a gas or a heat pump
- replacement boilers with Part L compliant boilers
- insulation of external cavity walls
- insulation of internal or external solid walls
- installation of flat roof insulation above rooms which are in use
- installation of floor insulation for habitable rooms above an unheated void
- loft Insulation and/or an insulating jacket for hot water tanks where other works are carried out at the same time
- draught proofing if a loft, cavity or solid wall insulation is installed at the same time
- additional works directly necessary for installing insulation
Other works may be eligible. To help with this decision we will consider the whole life cost benefit of the works.
How much can I get?
You can apply for a maximum grant of up to £8000
Who can apply?
You are eligible to apply if you are either:
- an assured, regulated or controlled private tenant and have occupied the property under the same tenancy agreement for the previous 10 years. And have been in receipt of an approved benefit continuously for the previous 6 months.
- a private tenant with a duty to carry out the works and have written permission from your landlord to carry out the work, and have been claiming an approved benefit continuously for the previous 6 months
- a leasehold or freehold owner-occupier who has owned and occupied the property for the previous 10 years, and have been in receipt of an approved benefit continuously for the previous 6 months
- have children aged 18 years or younger in full-time education living with you and have a total household income of less than £30,000
- aged over 70 and your partner is aged over 65 and you are a private tenant who has occupied the property under the same tenancy agreement for the previous 10 years
- aged over 70 and your partner is aged over 65 and have written permission from the landlord to carry out the work.
- aged over 70 and your partner is aged over 65 and you are a leaseholder or freehold owner-occupier who have owned and occupied the property for the previous 10 years
Before applying for this grant please read the guidance explaining the grant conditions:
- a grant will not be paid where financial assistance is available from another organisation or scheme, or where the works can be funded through a claim on the household insurance policy
- a grant will not be available for electric heating unless a gas supply is not available, and we will need to approve the type of electric heating used
- gas central heating boilers need to have a minimum seasonal efficiency of 90% and have Nitrous Oxide (NOx) emissions of 40mg/kWh or less
- a 10-year sealed audible carbon monoxide (CO) alarm must be fitted in the room housing the gas boiler. The alarm must be marked to EN 50291 and have the British Standards' Kite mark or another European approval organisation's mark on it. The alarm must be fitted in accordance with the manufacturer’s instructions
- you cannot apply for this grant if work has already been completed. Grants are not paid retrospectively
How to apply
If you are interested in applying for a grant, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org