Why foster with us? - Camden Fostering
Why foster with us?
When a child in Camden needs to spend some time in foster care then Camden Council’s foster carers are the first people to be contacted. This means that as a Camden foster carer you receive priority for placements over any other agency or local authority. You also benefit from the joined-up way we work in Camden, where there is very close communication between fostering supervising social workers, the children’s social workers and our specialist Child and Adolescent Mental Health Service for children in care.
- An allocated social worker who will visit and call regularly to support you as a foster carer
- 24-hour access to emergency support through the duty team
- Automatic membership to the Camden Association of Foster Care (CAFC)
- Access to therapeutic support from our dedicated Child and Adolescent Mental Health Service
- Three monthly support groups for peer support from other foster carers
- Access to a monthly support group for male foster carers in north London
- A specialist, tailored training package exclusively for Camden’s foster carers
- Access to the training for social workers in Camden
- Access to latest research on childcare through Camden’s links with London universities
- Shared training and resources with the five other boroughs in the North London Fostering Consortium
- Free membership to the Max Card for discounted or free admission at venues across the UK
- A £900 thank you paid if you refer a friend or family member and they are successfully approved as a foster carer
- No council tax bill for Camden residents
- Generous fees and allowances throughout the year
If you have questions about fostering or want to have an informal chat about your individual circumstances then please get in touch. Equally, if you are ready to start an application then we would love to hear from you.
Email email@example.com to find out more about fostering for Camden.
We'll send you an information pack and be in contact within 2 working days.
You can also call us on 020 7974 1283 or 0800 028 1436 (Freephone).
We hold information sessions throughout the year for people interested in fostering.
These give an overview of fostering, different types of placements, what fostering for Camden is like and gives you a chance to speak with a fostering social worker in an informal setting.
For more information and to book a place to attend, please contact the fostering team or call 020 7974 6783.
- Thursday 4 November 2021 - 5:30pm-6:30pm (Virtual Meeting - Join Here)
- Thursday 2 December 2021 - 5:30pm - 6:30pm
- Thursday 6 January 2022 - 5:30pm-6:30pm
Our open evenings start at 5:30pm and finish at 6:30pm, unless stated. Please join the virtual meeting promptly.