We are working closely with our partner Veolia to reduce the impact of coronavirus on recycling and rubbish services, street cleaning and other key environmental services.
You can help us to protect collection and cleaning teams and keep services running for everyone:
- Please keep a distance of 2 metres when teams are out collecting and cleaning the streets.
- If you or someone in your household is self-isolating, you should:
- double bag personal waste (for example, used tissues)
- double bag disposable cleaning cloths
- securely tie and keep aside for at least 72 hours (3 days) before putting out for collection.
- Wash your hands for 20 seconds before and after putting your recycling and rubbish out for collection.
- Make sure your recycling is clean and dry, and all bags securely tied.
- Check what can and can’t be recycled and put it in the right bin, box or bag.
- Put your recycling, rubbish and food waste out by 7am on your collection day or at the usual time if you live on a street with time-banded collections.
- Try and reduce the amount of rubbish, recycling and food waste you produce. Avoid doing big clear-outs while at home.
- As ever, don’t fly tip or litter – including masks or gloves. This could impact the health of others and puts more pressure on our services.