You must apply for full planning permission to create or alter vehicle access.

If your flat is a listed building, or part of, you must also apply for listed building consent for this.


You must apply for householder planning permission to create or alter vehicle access if either of these apply:

If your house is a listed building, or part of, you must also apply for listed building consent for this.

Dropped kerbs/crossovers

You must get separate approval from our transport team:

  • if a pavement or verge must be crossed to create or alter vehicle access to your house or flat.

Find more on how to apply on the dropped kerbs section.

More information

You can find out more on vehicle access in Chapter 7 of  Camden Planning Guidance  – Transport (pdf)

Can I get confirmation that I do not need planning permission?

Apply for a Lawful Development Certificate to prove an existing or proposed vehicle access is lawful. 

Am I likely to get planning permission?

To find out whether your proposal is likely to be accepted, you can apply for pre-planning application advice

How do I apply?

You can apply via the national planning portal. To find out what information is needed with your application, see making a planning application.

Still not sure whether you need planning permission?

If you need further advice about whether you need planning permission, contact planning advice and information.