The information below provides further details about:
- when a telecommunications statement is needed
- what information this document should include
- how to submit it to us
- where further information can be found.
When is a telecommunications statement needed?
You will need to send a telecommunication statement with your planning application where:
- your proposed development involves the installation or change to any existing telecommunication facilities or equipment
- or where prior notice of such works is needed
For example, masts, base stations and cabinets.
What information should be included in a telecommunications statement?
It should include the information needed for the criteria in the Code of Best Practice on Mobile Phone Network Development. This is published by the Department of Communities and Local Government.
How do I submit a telecommunications statement?
If you apply for planning permission online using the Planning Portal, you can upload your telecommunications statement. This is after you have completed the relevant application forms.
Before uploading any files, please read our guidance notes for submitting electronic files with planning applications (PDF).
If you choose to submit a paper-based application instead, you will need to provide:
- four copies of your telecommunications statement
- four copies of the relevant application forms.
Where can I find out further information?
For further information on preparing and submitting a telecommunications statement, please see the links below: