What is Solar Together?
One of the proposals of Camden’s Citizens’ Assembly on the climate crisis was the need to fit solar panels on as many homes as possible in Camden. In response, we are working in partnership with the Mayor of London to deliver Solar Together, a group-buying scheme which gives residents the opportunity to buy high-quality solar panels at a highly competitive price.
Solar Together group-buying scheme is open to all Camden residents who own their own house (or have permission from the landlord to install a solar PV system). Small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) and some Commonhold Associations are also eligible for the scheme.
How does it work?
- Sign up for free - Sign up for free without obligation for the solar group-buying scheme. Registrations are now open until 21 October.
- Auction - An auction will take place on 22 October. It is a reverse auction, meaning the lowest bid wins. Only approved , highly qualify contractors, will be invited to bid.
- Personal recommendation - After the auction you will receive a personal offer for your installation. Yor recommendations pack will be sent from 11 November.
- You decide - Then it's up to you to decide if you want to take up the offer. If you accept, the installer will install solar panels on your roof. You will have until 10 December to decide.
- Installation - If you accept the offer, the winning supplier will contact you to survey your roof and set an installation date. All installations are planned to be completed by the end of March 2020.
For more information about the scheme, visit the Solar Together London website where you can register for the scheme and leave questions in the contact form. A Freephone helpline is available (0800 060 85 09) to answer any further questions.
Note: it is the resident's responsibility to check whether planning permission will be required. Guidance is available here