Support for families
Children’s social care
We are now visiting all children and families at home, seeing them in the office or at school. Meetings will be a mixture of virtual and face to face.
Please check the Camden Children’s Safeguarding Partnership website for information.
Early Help check-in service
Our Camden Family Early Help team is offering a ‘family check-in' service whilst schools are closed. This is to give extra help to children and families who may be more vulnerable during this time. Our teams will make sure families have access to essentials, such as food, medicine and supplies. They will also connect you to those who can help, if needed.
To request an Early Help family check-in, please fill in this online form.
Family health and wellbeing
Taking care of our health, and the health of our families, is particularly important at this time. We need to be smart in order to get our daily exercise, eat well and maintain emotional health and wellbeing.
It’s important to stay connected through phone, post or online. You should seek help if you’re feeling anxious or finding it hard to cope. The Government advice is to stay at home to help fight the spread of COVID-19. Make sure you’re still getting regular exercise though. This could be through online or indoor activities, or going outside for one form of exercise a day. Try to eat healthily and be mindful of snacking. Remember, frozen and tinned fruit and vegetables count towards your five-a-day. A healthy diet will help your mood and energy.
The Camden Health and Wellbeing Team is offering telephone and online advice sessions:
- ‘Starting Solids’ - support for parents/carers in starting your baby on solid foods from 6 months
- ‘Starting Solids: Next Steps’ - support for parents/carers who have started their baby on solid foods but need some support
- ‘Families for Life, Early Years’ - healthy lifestyle sessions for families with children under five. These can be booked online here
- ‘Families for Life, Primary’ – healthy lifestyle sessions for families with children aged five to 11 years old. These can be booked by ringing or emailing the team below.
If you would like more support, please contact the team at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 020 7974 6736.
Here are some helpful resources and websites for keeping the whole family healthy:
- Healthy Weight Camden leaflet
The Brandon Centre has also produced this really useful guide for families. It is packed with advice and resources to help parents in Camden during the COVID-19 crisis:
Children with special educational needs and disabilities
We’ve put together information here for those with special educational needs and disabilities. We hope this will be helpful for these families, children, young people and those working with them.