Skip to main content

Help with transport to school

This is the improved Camden website. Tell us what you think.

Help with transport to school

Applying for help

Some children living in Camden can get help from the Council with their travel to and from school or college. These children have an Education, Health and Care (EHC) plan or statement of special educational needs. They also meet the rules for who can have transport help set out in our home to school travel policy.

A parent or carer can make an application for help with transport if their child:

  • has an EHC plan or statement
  • is being assessed at present 

Generally, transport is for children who are of legal school age and for the nearest appropriate school with a vacancy. However, we will consider all cases individually.

Contact the Special Educational Needs Team for help.

If your child does not have an EHC plan or statement of special educational needs, you may still get support. Check with Camden’s School Admissions Team.

Home to school travel policies

Camden's home to school travel policies (below) explain what we do to support travel. These are for children and young people with special educational needs and/or disabilities (SEND) from ages 5 to 16 and from 16 to 25, while they are in education or training. Support to gain independent travel skills helps them take part in education, employment, life and leisure activities within their communities.