Skip to main content

Support for private renters

This is the improved Camden website. Tell us what you think.

Support for private renters

The private renters website includes information about: 

  • finding a home, deposits and tenancy agreements 
  • tenant rights and problem landlords 
  • where to go for help 

Poor housing conditions 

If you have problems with disrepair or safety in your rental property, you should contact your landlord to get things fixed. 

If your landlord does not respond, then you should contact the council

At risk of being homeless 

If you're being evicted and are at risk of being homeless, you need to tell us as soon as possible. Don’t wait until you are homeless. 

Tell us if you are at risk of being homeless 

Independent advice 

Our partners can provide independent advice for private tenants. 

Get involved in our Private Renter Forum 

We are looking for volunteers to take part in a Private Renter Forum. This will help inform the way that we engage with tenants in the future. 

Get involved in the forum