Got symptoms? Book a test
There are two main reasons you might need to book a Covid-19 test:
- You have developed Covid-19 symptoms – book a PCR test via: nhs.gov.uk/coronavirus or call 119
- You don’t have symptoms – book a lateral flow test or call 020 7974 4444 (option 9)
Some of the symptoms of COVID-19 include:
- a high temperature
- a new, continuous cough
- a change to, or loss of, your sense of taste or smell
If you develop any of these symptoms, however mild, stay home and book a free, PCR test online: nhs.uk/coronavirus or call the NHS on 119. Tests are free and available to everyone. It takes 5-10 minutes to organise a test and you should receive results with 48 hours. When booking a PCR test, you will be given the option to select a home testing kit, which will be posted to you, or you can book an in-person appointment at a local NHS test site. Book online: gov.uk/get-coronavirus-test
There are three NHS test sites in Camden:
- Ramsay Hall, 20 Maple Street, W1T 5HB (indoors, no step-free access) - no booking required, open 8am- 1.30pm for PCR testing
- Kingsgate Community Centre, 107 Kingsgate Rd, West Hampstead, London NW6 2JH (indoors, step-free access) - no booking required, open 8am-1.30pm for PCR testing
- 51 Greenwood Place, NW5 1LB (outdoors, step-free access. Enter from the O2 Forum end of Greenwood Place and it will be in front of you. If you drive, you'll find it on the second corner you reach. The test site is not at the Greenwood Centre so please do not enter that building).
Or, to find your closest test site, search your postcode on the NHS Map
What to do after you get your test result
You will receive a text message or email from NHS Test and Trace with your result within 48 hours.
If your test result is negative: this means you do not currently have coronavirus and do not need to self-isolate. Please continue to follow the public health guidance to keep yourself and your family safe. If you develop symptoms, self isolate and book a test.
If your test result is positive: you and your whole household should self-isolate immediately for 10 days. Self-isolating means not leaving home for any reason. This is to help prevent passing the virus on to others. Please know that the Council can support you to self-isolate, if needed.
Access support to self-isolate
We know it is a challenging time and that self-isolating can be difficult so we want to reassure you that the Council is here to support you if you need it. This includes:
- financial support if you are on a low income - apply for a £500 Test and Trace Support Payment
- access to a device to support your child to keep up with their education
- mental health support
- support to access essential food or medicine
If you need support to self-isolate, please call us on 020 7974 4444 (option 9) or for more general information go to camden.gov.uk/coronavirus.