Got symptoms? Book a test
There are two main reasons you might need to book a Covid-19 test:
- You or someone in your household has developed Covid-19 symptoms – book a PCR test via: nhs.gov.uk/coronavirus or call 119
- You don’t have symptoms – book a lateral flow test or call 020 7974 4444 (option 9)
Some of the symptoms of COVID-19 include:
- a high temperature
- a new, continuous cough
- a change to, or loss of, your sense of taste or smell
If you develop any of these symptoms, however mild, stay home and book a free, PCR test online: nhs.uk/coronavirus or call the NHS on 119. Tests are free and available to everyone. It takes 5-10 minutes to organise a test and you should receive results with 48 hours. When booking a PCR test, you will be given the option to select a home testing kit, which will be posted to you, or you can book an in-person appointment at a local NHS test site. Book online: gov.uk/get-coronavirus-test
Get a PCR test at the following NHS test sites in Camden:
- Kingsgate Community Centre, 107 Kingsgate Rd, West Hampstead, London NW6 2JH (indoors, step-free access) - no booking required, open 8am-8pm for PCR testing
What to do after you get your test result
You will receive a text message or email from NHS Test and Trace with your result within 48 hours.
If your test result is negative: this means you do not currently have coronavirus and do not need to self-isolate. Please continue to follow the public health guidance to keep yourself and your family safe. If you develop symptoms, self isolate and book a test.
If your test result is positive: you and your whole household should self-isolate immediately for 10 days. Self-isolating means not leaving home for any reason. This is to help prevent passing the virus on to others. Please know that the Council can support you to self-isolate, if needed.
Access support to self-isolate
We know it is a challenging time and that self-isolating can be difficult so we want to reassure you that the Council is here to support you if you need it. This includes:
- financial support if you are on a low income - apply for a £500 Test and Trace Support Payment
- access to a device to support your child to keep up with their education
- mental health support
- support to access essential food or medicine
If you need support to self-isolate, please call us on 020 7974 4444 (option 9) or for more general information go to camden.gov.uk/coronavirus.