About Music Medals
Music Medals are ABRSM teacher led assessments. They build on what has been learnt and help children get recognition for their hard work.
Why do a Music Medal?
- To show achievement and progression
- To have a goal to work towards
- To improve leadership skils by leading an ensemble
- To improve listening skills
- To help prepare for graded exams
What will it cost?
- Copper £14.50
- Bronze £18.50
- Silver £25.50
- Gold £30.00
- Paltinum £35.00
How to apply
Your child's teacher will let you know when your child is ready. They will give you a form to fill out and let you know how to pay.
How does it work?
- The assessment takes place in school with the tutor and lasts no longer than 10 minutes
- Children play a prepared piece on their own and a prepared piece with another child
- There is a short listening or sight reading test
- The assessment is filmed and sent to the ABRSM for marking
- Children who pass receive a certificate and Music Medal badge
You can find more information on the ABRSM website.