If you are intending to operate a mobile takeaway or snack bar, you may need to obtain planning permission first.

The information below will help you establish whether planning permission is required and if so, inform you about what type of application you will need to submit and what supporting documentation you will need to supply with it.

(Disclaimer: Please note that the information below is intended to be an introductory guide and should therefore not be taken as binding. If you are in any doubt you should contact planning advice and information to make sure that you have understood the situation properly.)

Do I need to apply for planning permission?

You will need to apply for full planning permission to operate a mobile takeaway or snack bar if:

  • it will be operating in the same place for more than 28 days in any one calendar year
  • it will be operating inside a property or the grounds of a property.

Where planning permission is required, the following supporting documentation (known as “requirements”) will need to be supplied along with your planning application: