GLA Elections information
London Mayor and GLA Elections 2021
Elections for the London Mayor and Greater London Assembly take place on Thursday 6th May 2021.
We will be putting arrangements in place to help you stay safe at the polling station. You can expect many of the measures you’ve become used to in shops over recent months, such as hand sanitiser, floor markings, face masks and limited numbers in the polling station. This may result in some queues depending on the size of the venue.
The choice on how to vote at next May’s elections is yours. You can have your say in person, by post or by proxy.
If you’re thinking of voting by post, you can apply now. This will make sure your application is processed early, and your postal vote can be sent to you more quickly. It’s easy to apply and you can find out how by visiting Postal Voting
For general information on the elections, and how to vote, visit the London Elects website.
There are three separate elections:
- The Mayor, for which voters have a first and second choice vote
- Greater London Assembly London wide members (11 Members)
- Greater London Assembly Constituency Members (14 members). Barnet and Camden form one constituency and will elect a constituency member.
The overall running and co ordination of the elections London wide is undertaken by the London Elects team based at the Greater London Authority headquarters at City Hall.
Who Can Vote?
All British, Commonwealth and European Citizens who are currently on the Electoral Register or who register by Monday 19 April 2021 can vote in all these elections.
There will be three ballot papers.
- The Mayoral ballot paper will be PINK
- the constituency member ballot paper YELLOW
- the London Member ballot paper ORANGE.
Voters will be asked not to fold the ballot papers when they put them in the ballot box. This is to assist with the scanning of votes for the electronic count.
The full list of candidates for all three contests will be available on the London Elects website from 31 March 2021.
These will be sent out to all electors in the week of 22 March 2021.
- Registration deadline: midnight on Monday 19 April 2021
- Postal Vote application deadline: 5.00pm on Tuesday 20 April 2021
- Proxy Vote application deadline: 5.00pm on Tuesday 27 April 2021