Emergency services – police, ambulance and fire brigade

If you are in need of urgent help from the police, ambulance or fire services, call 999 – it is available 24/7 and these are all free services. 

In a medical emergency  

NHS 111 can help if you have an urgent medical problem and you’re not sure what to do. Visit 111.nhs.uk (for people aged 5 and over only) or call 111, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. 

If you see or are involved in an accident, or you experience a medical or mental health emergency, you can call 999. This is when someone is seriously ill or injured and their life is at risk.  

If you are suffering a life-threatening medical or mental health emergency, you can call 999 or visit an A&E department (also known as emergency department or casualty). In Camden you can visit: 

University College Hospital

Royal Free Hospital

St Mary's Hospital (HQ)