Between April 2023 and March 2024, Camden Council has been awarded £4 million from the Department for Work and Pension's (DWP) Household Support Fund (HSF). The funding will be used in two ways:
Supermarket vouchers will be posted to families living in Camden with children aged up to 18 who are receiving Housing Benefit or Council Tax Support. Any child attending a Camden school and receiving free school meals will also receive vouchers.
Families will receive:
- £15 per child in late May, early June 2023
- £45 per child in July 2023
- £15 per child in November 2023
- £30 per child in December 2023
- £15 per child in February 2024
- £30 per child in March 2024
Families will receive one voucher per eligible child. The vouchers can be used in a variety of supermarkets. Over 15,800 children will receive support.
Other Household Support Fund payments
The remaining Household Support Fund will be given as:
- Direct payments to people who receive benefits but who are not receiving any government help in the form of cost of living payments. If you aren’t eligible for any of the government's cost of living payments but are on a low income, refer yourself for money advice and support
- Application-based payments for pensioners, disabled people and carers in severe financial hardship. To access, refer yourself for money advice and support
- Benefit and money advice to those in financial crisis – refer yourself for money advice and support