Latest government advice
The latest Government guidance states that you must:
- stay at home as much as possible
- work from home if you can
- limit contact with other people
- keep your distance if you go out (2 metres apart where possible)
- wash your hands regularly
Self-isolate if you or anyone in your household has symptoms.
These documents provide more detailed advice on the new government guidance:
- Staying alert and safe (social distancing)
- Staying safe outside your home – the principles you should follow to ensure that time spent outside your home is as safe as possible
- FAQs: what you can and cannot do
In addition to UK lockdown measures there is guidance on shielding and protecting people defined on medical grounds as extremely vulnerable from COVID-19 (updated 31 May). The guidance is for people, including children, who are at very high risk of severe illness from COVID-19 because of a serious underlying health condition.
For the most up-to-date information on the number of cases, risk level in the UK and what the government is doing about the virus please visit the gov.uk website.