Housing Renewal Assistance Policy
The policy details the range of grants available to Camden residents to support them with issues regarding their home. There have been various changes made to include the council’s ambitions in Camden 2025.
The type of work for which you may get financial assistance in the form of a grant includes:
- Adaptations and facilities to help disabled people live independently in their home
- Repairs and improvements to protect the occupier’s health and safety
- Repairs and improvements to protect the occupier’s security
- Repairs and improvements to protect the occupier’s health and safety and make the premises wind and weatherproof
- Energy efficiency measures such as central heating, insulation and solar water heating/electricity
- Grants to landlords for energy efficiency and security measures.
- Works to bring empty properties back into residential use and/or convert existing properties to provide additional accommodation.
The assistance available will depend on the type of works to be carried out and the ownership and occupation of the property. It may be possible in some cases to receive more than one type of assistance.
There are eligibility criteria for each grant type. Please note that enquiries for assistance cannot be considered if the works have already started or been completed.