Skip to main content

Food premises approval

This is the improved Camden website. Tell us what you think.

Food premises approval

Businesses that need approval

If your food business involves handling meat, fish, egg or dairy products, you must be inspected and approved by us.

You need approval if your premises will produce:

  • minced meat
  • meat preparation
  • mechanically separated meat
  • meat products
  • fishery products
  • live bivalve molluscs
  • raw milk
  • dairy products
  • eggs
  • egg products
  • frog legs and snails
  • rendered animal fats and greaves
  • treated stomachs, bladders and intestines
  • cold stores
  • wholesale markets

Find out more about approved food premises and any exemptions that apply.

Apply for food premises approval

To apply for approval, email [email protected]

It is free to apply.

What happens next

Your application will be approved in 28 working days. We will decide whether the applicant is suitable to hold a licence.

If your application is missing information or contains incorrect details, then it may take longer. If this happens, we will contact you to ask for more information and tell you how much longer it will take.