Got symptoms? Book a test
There are two main reasons you might need to book a Covid-19 test:
- You have developed Covid-19 symptoms – book via: nhs.gov.uk/coronavirus or call 119
- You don’t have symptoms but need to leave home for work – book a lateral flow test or call 020 7974 4444 (option 9)
Some of the Covid-19 symptoms include a high temperature; a new, continuous cough; a change to, or loss of, your sense of tast or smell. If you develop any of these symptoms, however mild, stay home and book a free test with the NHS.
You will be given the option to select a home testing kit, which will be posted to you, or you can book an appointment at a local NHS test site. Your nearest options for accessing a test appointment will appear in a drop down box menu once you have entered your details.
If you're having any difficulties and need helping booking a test, call the Council on 020 7974 4444 (option 9), and if you need to access support to self-isolate, we can help you with this at the same time. We can only help to book an appointment at our Ramsay Hall test site though - for test appointments at other sites or to get an at-home test kit, call NHS 119 or go to nhs.uk/coronavirus.
Tests are free and available to everyone. It takes 5-10 minutes to organise a test and you should receive results with 48 hours.
There are three test sites in Camden:
- Ramsay Hall, 20 Maple Street, W1T 5HB (indoors, no step-free access)
- 51 Greenwood Place, NW5 1LB (outdoors, step-free access. Enter from the O2 Forum end of Greenwood Place and it will be in front of you. If you drive, you'll find it on the second corner you reach. The test site is not at the Greenwood Centre so please do not enter that building.)
- Kingsgate Community Centre, 107 Kingsgate Rd, West Hampstead, London NW6 2JH (indoors, step-free access)
Drive-through test sites across London:
• Lee Valley Athletics Park, London N9 0AR
• TFL Car Park, Edmund Halley Way, Greenwich Peninsula, London SE10 0PH
• World of Adventures, Chessington, Leatherhead Rd, Chessington KT9 2NE
• Heathrow Airport Car Park E2, Eastern Perimeter Rd, Hounslow TW6 2SQ
Access support to self-isolate
We know that self-isolating is hard for many people, but we want to reassure you that Camden is here to help. If you need support to self-isolate, please call us on 020 7974 4444 (option 9) or for more general information go to camden.gov.uk/coronavirus. We can offer a range of help including:
- accessing a device to support your child to keep up with their education
- help getting hold of essentials if you live alone
Visit nhs.uk/coronavirus for advice on symptoms, testing and self-isolation. If you're worried about your health or coronavirus symptoms call NHS 111.