Adoption of revised local area requirements
You will need to send a London view management framework assessment with your planning application:
- where your proposed development may impact the view of a major landmark building.
The information below provides further details about:
- when a London view management framework assessment is required
- what information this document should include
- how to submit it to us
- where further information can be found.
When is a London view management framework assessment required?
A London view management framework assessment should be sent with applications:
- where the proposed site lies within the strategic view corridor
- and the development would have an impact on the view of a major landmark building.
For example, if the height of the proposed development would exceed the development plane between the viewpoint and either the base of the lower drum of St Paul’s Cathedral or the general roofline of the Palace of Westminster, the impact on the view would need to be assessed.
What information should be included in a London view management framework assessment?
A London view management framework assessment should include the following information:
- scale drawings and plans with elevations. These should show the height of the proposed development (above sea level) and the height of the development plane
- photographs of the existing view and photo-montages of the proposed development
- Verified Visual Montages (VVM) will be required to confirm accuracy
How do I submit a London view management framework assessment?
If you apply for planning permission online using the Planning Portal, you can upload your London view management framework assessment. This is after you have completed the relevant application forms.
Before uploading any files, please read our guidance notes for submitting electronic files with planning applications (PDF).
If you choose to submit a paper-based application instead, you will need to provide:
- four copies of your London view management framework assessment
- four copies of the relevant application forms.
Where can I find out further information?
For further information on preparing and submitting a London view management framework assessment, see the link below:
- London View Management Framework (Greater London Authority)
- contact the planning advice and information service.