People under the age of 18 do not have to pay Council Tax.

If you and the people you live with are all under 18, the owner of your home can claim an exemption from paying Council Tax. This will end when you, or someone you live with, turns 18.

The property may continue to be exempt if it is occupied by full-time students or school leavers.

When the exemption ends, the person paying Council Tax can apply for a discount for anyone under 18 who lives in the property.

How to apply

Fill in our online form to apply for an under 18s discount or exemption.

Apply for a discount or exemption