To become more open and honest about how Camden housing directorates operate, we are creating a panel of resident representatives from across the 5 districts of Camden.
What will the panel do?
The panel will look at what Camden’s housing and property services do and how they do it. Panel members will draw upon their experiences to offer advice and suggestions on how to improve services in a resident-led way.
The panel will be able to review and offer feedback on borough-wide challenges, important projects, service and contractor performance, customer satisfaction, and complaints across Camden’s housing directorates. Camden housing directorates look after Camden’s tenants, leaseholders, and buildings. They focus on things like:
- Housing repairs
- Capital works (projects to upgrade Camden homes)
- Tenant services
- Leaseholder services
- Estate services (including caretakers & groundskeeping)
- Responsive security patrol and CCTV services
What will be expected of panel members?
The Panel will meet in person 4-5 times per year, and each session will be between 1-2 hours in the early evening of a weekday. There will also be the opportunity to join “behind the scenes” site visits with Camden officers and operatives to understand how key services operate.
This is a great opportunity to use your lived experience to improve housing and property services for Camden residents. You can help to direct future changes in the services to make sure they are focussed on residents, and are taking residents’ views and needs into account.
We are looking for people who can demonstrate these qualities:
- A genuine interest in Camden housing and property services
- Good communication skills
- Willingness and ability to ask questions and contribute ideas
- Desire to help drive customer-focussed improvements to housing and property services
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team
- Commitment to a collaborative and respectful working environment
- Ability to listen to other views and not dominate discussions
How to find out more about the panel
Once recruitment to the panel is finished, we will publish information on the recruitment process here. The panel will have its intial meetings in December and January, and we will update this page with information about the panel's work.
If you have any questions or would like to know more, please email email@example.com.