Support from your council

Camden council provides 2 main types of regular benefit to residents:

Housing benefit

If you’re a Camden resident and are responsible for paying rent, claiming benefits, or you’re on a low income, you may be entitled to housing benefit. 

Council tax support

If you’re a Camden resident and are claiming Universal Credit, and if you’re employed on a low income or not receiving any income, you may be entitled to council tax support.

There is also a one-off emergency payment that the council can give of about 60% of your standard benefit amount. Find out more about the Local Welfare Assistance Scheme

Food banks

Food banks and community organisations provide support to people who are struggling to access food in Camden.

Find your nearest local food bank

You can also donate to local food banks and community organisations through Find Food: Donate to a food bank.

Food bank opening times

Camden food bank

Tuesday 11.30am – 3.30pm
Friday 11.30am – 3.30pm

Euston food bank

Tuesday 12 noon - 4pm
Thursday 5.30pm - 7pm
Saturday 11am - 12.30pm
Sunday 2pm - 3.30pm

Chalk Farm food bank

Thursday 10.30am-12pm

Maiden Lane community centre food bank

Wednesday 2pm – 4pm
Saturday 1.30pm – 3.30pm

Charitable grants

Search for charitable grants which are available to help people in financial need: