If you do not have all your supporting documents right now, you can send them within 1 month of submitting the form.
Please provide at least two documents from the list below:
- Passport (current and valid)
- EU identity card
- Recent bank or building society statement
- Cheque book
- Building society passbook
- Council rent book
- Council tax bill
- Full driving licence (not provisional)
- Birth certificate
- Adoption certificate
- Prison discharge notification
- Home Office letter
- UK Residence Permit
- Marriage certificate
- Divorce/annulment papers
- Paid gas, electricity, telephone bill for last quarter
- Store charge card, credit card
- Trade Union membership card
- Medical card
- Life assurance or insurance policy document
- Letter from your doctor, solicitor, social worker, probation officer, hostel manager Certificate of employment in HM forces, Merchant Navy
- Letters from DWP, HM Revenue and customs
Proof of who is living at the address
You will need to provide documentary evidence confirming residency for all the people you have declared living with you on this form. Valid evidence includes:
- for you this could be a letter from your landlord confirming the date you moved in
- for you, your partner or other adults who live with you, it could be a letter or bill from a bank, utility company or similar confirming the name and address of the person concerned
- a letter from the Department for Work and Pensions or from HM Revenue and Customs
- for dependant children it could be Child Benefit, a letter from a school or nursery or a medical card
Proof of private rent and tenancy
This may include your tenancy agreement, rent book or rent receipts. If you do not have any of these you will need to provide a letter from your landlord.
Paying benefit into your bank account
If you want your benefit paid into your bank account, please provide an original statement for this account, showing your name as the account holder, current address, sort code and account number.
If you have an internet bank account and want housing benefit to be paid into this account, please print a statement yourself for this account.
Please also provide two forms of proof that you are living at your address such as recently paid utility bills, council tax bill, medical card or letters from the Department for Work and Pensions or HM Revenue and Customs.
Proof of income
Earnings: this means your last five payslips if you are paid every week, your last three payslips if you are paid every two weeks, or your last two payslips if you are paid monthly and includes cash payments received in the form of tips. If you or your partner are self-employed you will need to complete a separate self-employed form. We will send this to you.
Other unearned income: such as pension advice slips from a former employer, a maintenance order or income received from an annuity. We will also need to see proof of any money you receive from boarders, lodgers or sub tenants.
Benefits, allowances, tax credits or pensions: such as a current award notice or letter from the Department for Work and Pensions or HM Revenue and Customs confirming how much you get.
Proof of money paid out: such as a student loan or grant assessment, or payments to a registered childminder.
Proof of savings, capital and investments
We need to see evidence for all savings, capital and investments that you or your partner have:
- your latest full bank statement
- building society or post office books
- National Savings Certificates, ISAs, stocks, shares and unit trusts
- if you have an online bank account, a printed statement will be acceptable
The evidence that you send must show details for at least the last two months. Although we need to know the value of any Premium Bonds, cash or capital bonds that you may have you do not need to send proof of these.
Email your documents:
You can email your documents to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please put your claim reference number at the start of the subject heading in your email.
Post your documents:
Drop off your documents in person (you do not need to book an appointment):
5 Pancras Square,
London. N1C 4AG.