District Management Committees
District Management Committees (DMCs) meet four times a year to discuss local issues and housing committee reports. Once a year there is a joint meeting of all DMCs to discuss setting new rents. They also have funds available for residents’ groups to apply for.
There are five DMCs:
- Camden Town
- Gospel Oak
- Kentish Town
You can search for past and present DMC committee reports.
How to join a DMC
To join a DMC you must be a member of a registered Tenant and Resident Association (TRA). For more details see our information on registering your TRA.
Apply to join a DMC
Please return the above form to email@example.com or by post to the Tenant Participation Team.
After the application
Once you have successfully registered the Tenant Participation Team will send your group:
- confirmation that your tenants’ group is registered
- the date of the next DMC meeting
- the name and contact details of the chair of the DMC
DMC representatives can also claim for reasonable travel expenses and childcare allowance can be claimed through your ward housing team.
Funding from DMC budget
Each DMC has a budget allocated annually to spend in each district. The below can apply for funding:
- Tenants and Residents Associations that are registered with Camden DMCs
- Tenant Managed Organisations that are registered with Camden DMCs
- Council Officers on behalf of areas or estates not represented by Tenants and Residents Associations
- DMC Chairs or Vice Chairs on behalf of community groups or estates not represented by Tenants and Residents’ Associations
Full details of the application process can be found in the our guidance document.
Please return all application forms by email or by post to Housing Business Support, 6th Floor 5PS – DMC funding application c/o London Borough of Camden, Judd Street, London, WC1H 9LP.
Your application will be logged and your form and passed on to your Neighbourhood Housing Manager. If it is approved it will then go to the next DMC meeting for discussion.