Sometimes the planning process would be helped by enabling a developer to brief elected members about emerging planning proposals. These developer briefings will usually take place at an early stage in the pre-application process.
Although the briefings will not be formal council meetings, they will be conducted in a fair, transparent and consistent way in accordance with procedures.
What is the purpose of developers' briefings?
- to ensure members are aware of significant applications prior to them being formally considered by the development control committee
- to make subsequent development control committee consideration more informed and effective
- to ensure issues are identified early in the application process, and improve the quality of applications
- to ensure members are aware when applications raise issues of corporate or strategic importance
- to assist the pre-application process, and avoid potential delays at later stages