Moving into Camden
If you are moving home and responsible for paying council tax you must let us know as soon as possible. This is to make sure you pay the right amount. There is a legal requirement to tell us within 21 days.
Register for council tax in Camden if you are moving here from another borough. You may also have to register for council tax for other reasons, for example if you have a change in your employment status.
When you register for council tax you will have the option to create a Camden Account. The Camden Account allows you to manage your council tax online, view bills, arrange a direct debit and also access other council services.
You will need to provide:
- the date your tenancy ended or you sold the property
- the date you actually moved out of the property
- whether the property was left furnished or unfurnished
- the name of the landlord, next tenant or the current owner
- the address of the property you are moving into
- the name of anyone moving in with you who is over 18.