Skip to main content

Apply for live-in carer Council Tax discount

This is the improved Camden website. Tell us what you think.

Apply for live-in carer Council Tax discount

If you live with a carer you may be entitled to a discount on your Council Tax.

Who can apply

If they are an employee

They must:

  • be providing care through a charity or local authority
  • be employed for at least 24 hours a week
  • be paid no more than £36 a week
  • live where the care is given, or in accommodation provided for them to give care

If they are a friend or relative

The person being cared for must receive one of the following benefits:

  • attendance allowance
  • the highest or middle rate of the care component of a disability or living allowance
  • the highest rate of disablement pension
  • an increase in a constant attendance allowance

The person providing the care must also:

  • live in the same home as the person they are providing care for
  • be providing care for at least 35 hours a week
  • not be married to the person receiving care
  • not be caring for their own child who is under 18

How to apply

Fill in the online form to apply for a live-in carer discount.

You will need

You will need to provide evidence of the benefit that you are receiving.

To complete your application you must print off a copy of the completed form and return to us at the address on the form. 

Apply for a discount