If you live with a carer you may be entitled to a discount on your Council Tax.
Who can apply
If they are an employee
- be providing care through a charity or local authority
- be employed for at least 24 hours a week
- be paid no more than £36 a week
- live where the care is given, or in accommodation provided for them to give care
If they are a friend or relative
The person being cared for must receive one of the following benefits:
- attendance allowance
- the highest or middle rate of the care component of a disability or living allowance
- the highest rate of disablement pension
- an increase in a constant attendance allowance
The person providing the care must also:
- live in the same home as the person they are providing care for
- be providing care for at least 35 hours a week
- not be married to the person receiving care
- not be caring for their own child who is under 18
How to apply
Fill in the online form to apply for a live-in carer discount.
You will need
You will need to provide evidence of the benefit that you are receiving.
To complete your application you must print off a copy of the completed form and return to us at the address on the form.