Skip to main content

Apply for carer's Council Tax exemption

This is the improved Camden website. Tell us what you think.

Apply for carer's Council Tax exemption

If you are living away from your home to provide care, you may be entitled to a Council Tax exemption on your property if:

  • the property was your main home
  • the person receiving care is of old age, has a physical or mental disability, past or present alcohol dependency, drug dependency or mental illness
  • you have moved home to provide better care for the person receiving care

If you are a carer and your former home was outside of Camden you will need to contact the local council for the area in which it is located.

How to apply

Fill in our online form to apply for a carer's Council Tax exemption.

Apply for an exemption