Extending opening hours
New opening hours from Monday 26 July
From Monday 26 July our library opening hours will be:
Note that Camden Town Library is in use as a lateral flow test centre, so the library is closed.
Although we are expanding our services, we regret that things are not completely back to normal. Some Covid-19 restrictions and safety measures remain in place in all of our libraries.
We ask you to continue wearing face coverings inside our libraries, unless you are exempt. This is to protect other customers and staff as well as yourself.
Browsing and borrowing books, Children's libraries, Public Computers and Study space
You can come in to browse and choose your own books or to use one of our public computers.
Browsing and borrowing
You can now come in to the library to browse and choose your own books.
If possible, we ask you to spend no more than 20 minutes browsing, and please wear a mask when you are in the library. For more details about our Covid-safe procedures see Keeping everyone safe.
You can order books through our Reservations service or via SELMS and inter-library loans.
For more information and a link to our catalogue, see Find, Reserve, Renew.
Visiting our Children's libraries
Our children's libraries are open for browsing and borrowing. At busy times it may be necessary to limit the number of users in the children's libraries.
The Children's libraries which are open are: Swiss Cottage, Pancras Square, Highgate, Holborn, Kentish Town, Kilburn, Queens Crescent, and West Hampstead.
At the moment study tables are only available at three of our libraries: Swiss Cottage, Pancras Square and Holborn. We hope to make this available at all of the libraries soon.
Please note that we cannot guarantee recharging facilities in all libraries. We recommend that you charge any laptops or other devices before bringing them in to our libraries
Services at each library
- Kilburn Library - computer access, browsing and borrowing books, children's library
- Queen Crescent Library – computer access, browsing and borrowing books, children's library
- Pancras Square Library – computer access, browsing and borrowing books, children's library
- West Hampstead – computer access, browsing and borrowing books, children's library
- Kentish Town Library - computer access, browsing and borrowing books, children's library
- Holborn library - computer access, , browsing and borrowing books, children's library
- Highgate library - computer access, browsing and borrowing books, children's library
- Swiss Cottage library - computer access, browsing and borrowing books, children's library
Camden Town library is closed until further notice. The nearest libraries are Pancras Square or Kentish Town Libraries.
If you are visiting a library for computer access you don’t need to book a place, computers are allocated on a first come, first served basis. Access is limited to two hours per day.
You can print from our computers using your library card, and pay with contactless, card or cash, at our self-service machines.
Limited copying is available on our public photocopiers. Please note this is self-service only, and limited to five A4 copies.
Scanning facilities are available in all libraries.
You can continue to visit our digital library which has a range of free online books, e-magazines and information resources.