Libraries during lockdown
Temporary library closure
We regret that Pancras Square Library is closed. The Library will reopen on Monday 1st March.
In line with the most recent government guidance, Camden libraries are open offering computer access and a Request and Read book ordering service.
Libraries are open Monday – Saturday 11am to 3.30pm. Highgate is open Tuesday to Thursday and Saturday 11am to 3.30pm.
Current library services
- Kilburn Library - computer access only
- Queen Crescent Library – computer access only
- Pancras Square Library – computer access only
- West Hampstead – computer access and request and read
- Kentish Town Library - computer access and request and read
- Holborn library - computer access only
- Highgate library - request and read service only
- Swiss Cottage library - request and read service only
Camden Town library is closed until further notice. The nearest libraries are Pancras Square or Kentish Town Libraries.
If you are visiting a library for computer access you don’t need to book a place, computers are allocated on a first come, first served basis. Access is limited to one hour per day.
You can print from our computers using your library card, and pay with contactless, card or cash, at our self-service machines. We are in the process of upgrading our scanners, so regret that scanning is currently only available in Kilburn Library Centre.
Limited copying is available on our public photocopiers. Please note this is self-service only, and limited to five A4 copies.
Request and Read
While you cannot come in to our libraries to choose your own books, you can order books using our Request and Read service. This allows users to order and collect books from some of our libraries.
For full details, see Request and Read.
We regret that at the moment our Reservation service is not available.
You can continue to visit our digital library which has a range of free online books, e-magazines and information resources.