Helping to minimise the impact of construction
Sometimes we require developers and contractors to prepare a Construction Management Plan (CMP) to help minimise the impact of construction.
Steps to submitting a CMP:
You must account for timescales of CMPs in construction programmes and contracts.
- consult with the local community around a site before submitting a draft CMP (takes at least 2 weeks): community liaison guidance (PDF)
- read the Camden Minimum Requirements (PDF)
- read the Guide for Contractors Working in Camden
- prepare your CMP: Construction Management Plan (CMP) pro-forma (Word)
- submit CMP to: firstname.lastname@example.org (can take 3 months or more to approve, depending on the nature of proposal and the amount of revision required)
As part of Section 106 agreement, we apply a formal charge to support the implementation of Construction and Demolition Management Plans:
Cumulative Impact Areas – Camden Central London
Officers across several disciplines in the Council have developed a list of enhanced requirements they believe are necessary to mitigate the additional impacts brought about when several sites commence work in close proximity to one another. We propose that it is reasonable to increase what we ask of developers (and their contractors) in such areas, whether by way of increased environmental standards, improved communication liaison requirements, the conduct of site operatives or hours of construction.
We intend to trial these requirements in the Central London area of Camden. Should the process prove successful, the intention is to explore other possible Cumulative Impact Areas it in other parts of the Borough, guided by where the impacts of construction are most significant.
We would welcome your views on:
Which construction impacts do you consider to be the most important and what this process should be aimed to address?
What areas do you believe the current CMP process could improve on?
Which of the additional measures proposed do you have most support for and why?
Please send any comments to email@example.com, this will help with our decision to establish Camden Central London Cumulative Impact Area.
Consultation will run until 27 September 2019