Complain about a licenced premises
If you have a problem with a licenced premises
You should discuss the issues informally with the premises manager or licence holder first. They might not be aware of the problem and this will give them the opportunity to resolve the issues. If this does not lead to an improvement, then you should contact us.
How to complain
Call our licensing enforcement team on:
- 020 7974 6767 between 8am and 6pm, Monday to Friday
- 020 7974 4444 at all other times
You will need to provide:
- your contact details – so that we can update you and ask for more information
- the premises name and address
- as much information about the issues as possible
We will not share your details with the licensee without your consent. Your details may be shared with other responsible authorities such as the Police if they need the information to investigate the complaint.
What happens next
A licensing enforcement officer will investigate and respond to your complaint. We will work with all the responsible authorities such as police. This may involve:
- asking responsible authorities to investigate further
- referring your concern to the Licensing Tasking Group
We will then advise you on the best course of action to deal with your concern.