Civil Partnerships for opposite sex couples are legal.
Ceremonies that were booked for the period 5th November – 2nd December 2020 can’t take place. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to re-schedule.
New ceremony bookings are available from January 2021 onwards. No new bookings are available in December 2020.
Please note the following:
- Tavistock House ceremonies will now take place in the Tavistock Suite ONLY. ‘Social distancing’ requirements mean we ask that you bring no more than 9 guests (including witnesses and excluding yourselves). Please note random temperature checks are being undertaken on entrance to Tavistock House.
- Temporary Tavistock Suite Fees:
Monday-Wednesday (9am-before 4pm) £170
Thursday-Friday (9am-before 4pm) £195
Saturday (9am-4pm) £285
- The Edwin Room and the Silver Birch room will not be used for ceremonies until March 2021 at the earliest. This will be reviewed based on government and health and safety advice. If you book the Edwin or Silver birch Rooms then you will automatically be upgraded to the Tavistock Suite with no extra charge.
- All approved venue ceremonies should go ahead as planned only if the venue is covid secure. Please check with your venue.
- Notice of Marriage, Civil Partnership, or Certificate of Non-impediment for marriage abroad can be given depending on availability.
- If you make a ceremony booking and have not already given your notice of marriage/civil partnership, we may not be able to take your notice of marriage/civil partnership, due to the likely high demand for services, thus being unable to observe the legal 28 days’ notice period for your ceremony to go ahead.
- Please note any bookings made maybe subject to change in observing government guidelines on social distancing. If you have to postpone a current booking, please email: email@example.com and any updates will be posted on this website.
The Civil Partnerships, Marriages and Deaths (Registration Etc.) Act, which received Royal Assent on 26 March 2019, contains provisions for regulations to be made to extend eligibility for forming a Civil Partnership to opposite sex couples.
Please note after the notice of Civil Partnership is given - a period of 29 days must pass before the formation can take place.
A Civil Partnership does not require a ceremony therefore you can choose to sign the schedule in front of two witnesses by booking a statutory ceremony appointment (limited availability), or in our smaller ceremony rooms the Parlour Room, or the Silver Birch Room, at Tavistock House, Entrance D. If you wish to combine the signing with a ceremony then of course you have that option to and will need to book any approved venue and Registrars, be it Tavistock House, or one of our approved venues. This must be done ahead of booking an appointment to give your legal notice of intention to form a Civil Partnership. Approved venues will need to be contacted directly before booking Camden registrars.
Please note: you do not need to have a ceremony. Please inform the Registrar on the day of your Civil Partnership, if this is the case.
For further information contact firstname.lastname@example.org