Civil Partnerships for opposite sex couples are legal.
National Lockdown: Camden Register Office is offering face to face appointments for Birth Registrations, and Notices of Marriage and Civil Partnership. Death Registrations continue to be via telephone. Ceremonies are unable to take place unless the circumstances are exceptional. This will be reviewed when the government announces plans to relax the National Lockdown. If your ceremony is affected we will contact you.
Please visit our Citizenship page for more information on Citizenship Services.
Visitors: Entrance to our offices is by appointment only, and due to the current government regulations you are required to wear a face covering upon entering our offices.
Please note the following:
- Tavistock House ceremonies will now take place in the Tavistock Suite ONLY until 3rd July 2021 to help with social distancing. We ask that you bring no more than 9 guests (including witnesses and excluding the couple). Please note this is the room's maximum capacity with social distancing in place. If the government reviews its stance then the numbers will reflect this.
- Temporary Tavistock Suite Fees:
(These will be the fees for the Silver Birch and Edwin Rooms from 5th July 2021)
Monday-Wednesday (9am-before 4pm) £175 Thursday-Friday (9am-before 4pm) £200 Saturday (9am-4pm) £290
- The Edwin Room and the Silver Birch will re open from 5th July 2021 at the earliest. This will be reviewed based on government and health and safety advice. If you book the Edwin or Silver birch Rooms and they are not usable then you will automatically be upgraded to the Tavistock Suite with no extra charge.
- All approved venue ceremonies should go ahead as planned only if the venue is covid secure. Please check with your venue.
- Notice of Marriage, Civil Partnership, or Certificate of Non-impediment for marriage abroad can be given depending on availability.
- If you make a ceremony booking and have not already given your notice of marriage/civil partnership, we may not be able to take your notice of marriage/civil partnership, due to the likely high demand for services, thus being unable to observe the legal 28 days’ notice period for your ceremony to go ahead.
- Please note any bookings made maybe subject to change in observing government guidelines on social distancing. If you have to postpone a current booking, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org and any updates will be posted on this website.
A Civil Partnership does not require a ceremony therefore you can choose to sign the schedule in front of two witnesses by booking a statutory ceremony appointment (limited availability), or in our smaller ceremony rooms the Parlour Room, or the Silver Birch Room, at Tavistock House, Entrance D. If you wish to combine the signing with a ceremony then of course you have that option to and will need to book any approved venue and Registrars, be it Tavistock House, or one of our approved venues. This must be done ahead of booking an appointment to give your legal notice of intention to form a Civil Partnership. Approved venues will need to be contacted directly before booking Camden registrars.
Please note: you do not need to have a ceremony. Please inform the Registrar on the day of your Civil Partnership, if this is the case.
For further information contact email@example.com