Do I need planning permission?

If you are intending to change the use of all or part of your property, you may need to obtain planning permission. The Town and Country Planning (Use Classes) Order 1987 (as amended) puts uses of land and buildings into various categories known as use classes.

The change of use section of the national planning portal will help you understand whether planning permission is required to change the use of your property. This includes the additional change of use permitted development rights from 30th May 2013.

Can I get confirmation that I do not require planning permission?

In situations where you may need to prove, or obtain peace of mind that an existing or a proposed change of use is lawful and does not require planning permission, you can apply for a Lawful Development Certificate

Am I likely to get planning permission?

If you want to find out whether your proposal is likely to be acceptable, you can apply for pre-planning application advice.

We recommend you look at our Local Development Framework policies and Camden Planning Guidance before submitting a pre-application advice request or planning application.

How do I apply?

You can apply via the national planning portal.

To find out what information is required with your application, please see making a planning application

Still not sure whether you need planning permission?

If you need further advice about whether you need planning permission contact planning advice and information