Frequently asked questions

Finance and payments

Will I be charged rent whilst I am out of my home?

We agreed not to charged tenants rent or council tax until Monday 24 July (any payments taken by direct debit will be refunded).

If you are a private tenant, your council tax will not be charged and we will reimburse your rent for the duration you are in temporary accommodation. Submit evidence of your tenancy and rent (for example, your tenancy agreement) to

What financial support was available to residents?

All evacuated residents were able to claim a one-off payment of £100. Evacuated residents were also able to claim £20 per person per day to use for essential items. 

All claims for £20 subsistence have now been paid. If you have any queries regarding this please e-mail

Will I be able to claim for any other expenses?

We understand that you may have had to pay exceptional costs while you are unable to live in your own home, and we will consider reimbursing reasonable expenses. 

Please send all claims and proof of expenditure to

When will I hear back about my expenses claim?

A panel of council officers have been reviewing expenses claims and we are now in the process of notifying residents whether or not they have been successful. 

Claims have been rejected where there has not been enough information supplied, or the claims did not meet our criteria. We have set out the full criteria on the overleaf of the incoming correspondence relating to your claim. 

Residents dissatisfied with the response to their claim can appeal to the Chief Executive’s Central Complaints Unit. 

Until when can I submit my expenses claim?

We have extended the deadline to submit applications for reimbursements. You now have until midnight on Sunday 15 October to send us details of your claim and receipts. We will only be accepting claims in exceptional circumstances after this date. If you need additional time or are having trouble submitting your claim please email or contact housing officers Ramona Damiean on 020 7974 6609, or Annie Freeman on 020 7974 6581, who will be able to assist you. 

Would you like to provide feedback?(Click to show feedback form)

Please rate this page to help us improve Please don't include your contact details as we are unable to provide responses via this form. To get in touch please click here.

Please select one of the options.

Thank you for your feedback.