Children can complain too

You can complain on behalf of your children


The UN Convention on the rights of a child say:

  • children have the right to be heard
  • children have the right to express themselves
  • children have rights, whoever they are are, wherever they come from


What to do if you are unhappy with one of your services

If you are unhappy and you would like to make a complaint, you should speak to the person in charge or another member of staff.

Tell him or her your problem. If you need help doing this, ask a friend or adult you can trust to help you.

A member of staff will try to sort out your problem straight away. Sometimes it may take longer, but he or she will let you know what is happening.

What if I am still unhappy?

If you are unhappy with how the member of staff handled your complaint, you can complain to a person called a complaints officer.

How can I make my complaint?

Complain online

Phone the children, schools & families complaints team

  • 0800 393561 (freephone)
  • 020 7974 6673

Download a complaints form

Download our complaint form and information about our complaints procedure:

I still need help

What happens to my complaint?

When we receive your complaint we will write to you within two days to tell you what is going to happen. The person in charge will try to sort out your complaint and write to you within three weeks.

If you are still unhappy, we can tell you how you can complain to someone else in the council.

Would you like to provide feedback?(Click to show feedback form)

Please rate this page to help us improve Please don't include your contact details as we are unable to provide responses via this form. To get in touch please click here.

Please select one of the options.

Thank you for your feedback.