Free activity passes with Give it a Go!

Give it a Go!

What is the Give it a Go! programme?

Give it a Go! is a programme run by Camden Council Public Health team in conjunction with three local leisure providers: Better, YMCA and Jubilee Hall Trust . The programme aims to get Camden residents doing more physical activity, by giving people three free activity passes to their local leisure centre.

Who is eligible for the programme?

To be eligible for the three free activity passes, you must:

  • be aged 18 or over
  • live in Camden or be registered with a Camden GP
  • be in receipt of state benefit (e.g. job seekers allowance, income support, housing benefit, council tax benefit, working families’ credit)
  • be ‘inactive’ or ‘moderately inactive’ according to the Physical Activity Readiness Questionnaire  (PAR-Q), which you must complete at the time of referral
  •  not already be a member of a leisure facility (within the last six months)
  • not have received free leisure passes from Give it a Go! in the previous six months

How can you be referred to the Give it a Go! programme?

Residents can be referred to Give it a Go! by local council agencies/organisations within Camden Council services and community/voluntary associations. All residents joining Give it a Go! require the following before attending one of the leisure centres:

  • proof of ID
  • proof of state benefit
  • a stamped referral letter and 
  • a completed PAR-Q

Leisure centres taking part include:
Oasis Sports Centre, 32 Endell Street, WC2H 9AG. Tel: 0207 831 1804
Swiss Cottage Leisure Centre, Adelaide Road, NW3 3NF.  Tel: 0207 974 2012
Kentish Town Sports Centre, Grafton Road, NW5 3DU. Tel: 0207 974 7000
Pancras Square Leisure Centre, 5 Pancras Square, N1C 4AG. Tel: 0207 974 5555
The Armoury, 25 Pond Street, NW3 2PN Tel: 0207 431 2263 (Note: no swimming pool at this centre)
Central YMCA, 112 Great Russell Street, WC1B 3NQ. Tel: 0207 343 1700

You can download the referral letter here or please email for a copy of the letter and PAR-Q .

Suitable proof of ID: Drivers licence, passport, utility bill or bank statement

Suitable proof of state benefit: Income support, housing benefit, council tax benefit, job seekers allowance, working families’ credit, carers allowance, incapacity benefit, severe disablement allowance, or a senior citizen (60+years)

Would you like to provide feedback?(Click to show feedback form)

Please rate this page to help us improve Please don't include your contact details as we are unable to provide responses via this form. To get in touch please click here.

Please select one of the options.

Thank you for your feedback.