Organising events and activities in Camden’s parks and open spaces

Outdoor events in Camden

Camden Events Service manage 70 parks, open spaces and non-traditional locations in London Borough of Camden.

All outdoor event applications are now processed through EventApp and online application service, if you would like to apply online click EVENT APP. If you would like to discuss an event please call 020 7974 5633 or email us at

All events and activations must go through our online application system EventApp to gain approval from Camden Council before taking place.

We do not manage Hampstead Heath, Primrose Hill or Regent's Park.

If you wish to book Hampstead Heath please contact City of London Corporation 020 8348 9908.

If you wish to book Primrose Hill or the Regent's Park please contact Royal Parks information office on 020 7486 7905.

Types of events and activities

Corporate/professional events

All permissions for events in Camden parks and open spaces are subject to approval.

Most events will be subject to hire fees and our charges will depend on the infrastructure required. Central London sites will start from approximately £2,000 per day.


We encourage picnics for small family groups. Please ask for permission only if you are:

  • expecting more than 15 people
  • bringing structures, for example gazebos, tables and chairs
  • playing recorded or live music – visit temporary event notices for more information

It is not possible to give picnics exclusive and private use of a space.

Please respect the park and its wildlife, plants and trees; tidy up, take your rubbish away with you and have fun.


Find out about new rules on barbecues

For more information please contact our parks team

Community festival or event

Quick tips

  • allow yourself enough time to plan properly
  • you’ll need about three months for a small event and six months, at least, for large-scale events and festivals

face painting

Can I provide alcohol at my event?

We allow alcohol in Camden’s parks and open spaces as long as it is free of charge (not for sale) and for use by your guests only and not made available to persons under 18 years of age.

For the sale of alcohol you will need to apply for a licence

Camden is a controlled drinking zone

Can I use a barbecue at my event?

Find out about new rules on barbecues

Can I put up a marquee in a Camden park?

Some of Camden’s sites are subject to laws, which prevent the use of marquees and temporary structures. For more details please contact the events team

All marquees must be supplied and erected by a professional company.

Can I use a generator at my event?

You can use generators in Camden parks and open spaces as part of an organised event. All generators must be supplied and operated by a professional company and diesel rather than petrol powered.

We support the use of solar generators and environmental technologies.

Can I film or take professional photographs in a Camden park?

We welcome professional filmmakers and photographers into Camden parks and open spaces with permission.

For more information please contact Camden film office – they will advise you of any charges for filming, television and photography in the borough.

Do I need a licence?

You will require a licence for entertainment and the sale of alcohol. Depending on participant numbers you will need either a Temporary Event Notice (TEN) or a Temporary Premises License

Please allow enough time for your applications to be processed; a premises license can take two-three months to process.

Can I close a road for my event?

Please see road closure applications for street festivals and special events


For more information please contact Camden Events Service on 020 7974 5633 or email us at

Frequently asked questions

How do I get permission to use a Camden park or open space for an event?

Things to keep in mind when choosing Camden for your event.

Please include the following information:

  • dates and times – give the date and time that you would like the event to take place
  • type of event – describe what the event is and give its full name
  • type of infrastructure required – tell us what you would like to bring onto the site e.g. stage, PA system, stalls, vehicles, fairground rides, marquee etc
  • name of the park – give the name of the park that you would like to use
  • number of participants – give details of the numbers of people expected to take part or to attend
  • your organisation – state who is organising the event and give details for a contact person
  • event experience – if you have you organised an outdoor event before give brief details of your experience

If your event is suitable for the requested park we will consult with the local ward councillors and stakeholders on your behalf.

If your event is approved to proceed then we will ask you for your health and safety paperwork.

Required paperwork may include the following:

  • risk assessment
  • site plan
  • insurance details
  • licence details

Once all paperwork has been received we will issue a parks permission contract to you. 

Would you like to provide feedback?(Click to show feedback form)

Please rate this page to help us improve Please don't include your contact details as we are unable to provide responses via this form. To get in touch please click here.

Please select one of the options.

Thank you for your feedback.