Volunteering in Camden
Give your time and volunteer in Camden
It is easy to get involved and there are hundreds of local volunteering opportunities to choose from. Visit the website of Volunteer Centre Camden where you can search their online database of opportunities. If you need help or further information please call them on 020 7424 9990.
Suggestions for getting involved
- Volunteer for Camden Council – there are volunteering opportunities available with the council. If you wish to sign up for Camden’s monthly Volunteering eNews please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- vInspired is an online database for 16-25 year olds
- Volunteering Matters (formerly known as Community Service Volunteers) offers volunteering opportunities for young people up to 35 years throughout the UK
- Voluntary Service Overseas (VSO) can help with overseas volunteering opportunities
- REACH offers volunteering opportunities
for people with professional or managerial skills
Volunteering Events in 2017
Volunteer Centre Camden organises many free events – all are welcome. The
next one is a Spring drop-in - details below:
Volunteer Centre Camden's Spring Drop in – Free
Wednesday 17 May 2017, 12-2pm
Volunteer Centre Camden, 2 Grafton Yard, London, NW5 2ND
Drop in to Volunteer Centre Camden's office in Kentish Town to search for local volunteering roles. This will help if you need extra support to get started with your search especially if you are unable to access the internet, or if you want to ask questions about volunteering before you get started. For directions to find the office and for further information please call 020 7424 9990.
If you miss this drop-in there will be another one on 17 May.
For further information please call Volunteer Centre Camden on 020 7424 9990
Is your group looking for volunteers?
- Volunteer Centre Camden publicises your volunteer opportunities and provides training on working with volunteers
- Voluntary Action Camden (VAC) supports voluntary and community action in Camden
- Greater London Volunteering (GLV) is the regional umbrella organisation for volunteering in London
Are you an employer looking for volunteering opportunities for your staff?
Volunteer Centre Camden can help you.
Camden's support for volunteering
Camden’s volunteering strategy aims to:
- support, encourage and promote volunteering
- improve the quality and quantity of volunteering opportunities in Camden
Camden’s recent survey into volunteering in the borough gives a comprehensive picture
of the enormous contribution of residents, students and businesses. The survey
shows that volunteering has increased since 2012. You can download the full
download: Camden's volunteering strategy 2013-2016 (PDF)
- download: Camden's Volunteering Action Plan (PDF)
- download: Camden’s Volunteering E-news March 2017 (PDF)
- download: Camden’s Volunteering survey report 2016 (PDF)
- Help with PDFs