Benefits and Money, Help and Advice


It is important to make sure that you claim all the benefits that you are entitled to. There are different benefits that you may be able to claim depending on your circumstances and whether you are in or out of work, sick or disabled, have caring responsilities, a young person, an older person or retired.

Some benefits are paid and administered by the Department of Work and Pensions (DWP) or HM Revenues and Customs (Tax Credits) and some by the Council.

You can use  online calculators to find out if you are entitled to any benefits.

More information about DWP benefits can be found here

More information about Tax Credits can be found here

If you are turned down for a benefit you may be able to get help from a local advice agency.

Benefits from Camden Council

Housing Benefit

If you are a Camden resident responsible for paying rent and claiming benefits or on a low income you may be entitled to Housing Benefit.

Find out more and make an online application

Your housing benefit or Universal Credit housing element may be reduced if you are affected by the benefit cap or have a spare bedroom in your home. More information on the next page

If you are affected by these reductions you can apply for a Discretionary Housing Payment, a short-term payment to help pay towards your rent.

Council Tax Reduction

Council Tax Reduction (CTR) is financial help towards your council tax

Find out more about the Council Tax Reduction Scheme

You may be entiled to council tax reduction f you are claiming Universal Credit or employed and on low or have nil income.. 

Would you like to provide feedback?(Click to show feedback form)

Please rate this page to help us improve Please don't include your contact details as we are unable to provide responses via this form. To get in touch please click here.

Please select one of the options.

Thank you for your feedback.