Skip to main content

Birth Re-registrations

This is the improved Camden website. Tell us what you think.

Birth Re-registrations

You can re-register a birth if:

Parents have married after the birth:

  • If the parents have married after the child was born and you want the natural father’s details to be on the birth record, you must re-register your child’s birth by completing Form LA1.

Parents are not married:

Apply for re-registration

To apply for re-registration, please see the website and download the appropriate form.

You should then complete the form and send it to us (rather than the General Register Office as is stated on some of the advice)  together with any original documents required such as child’s existing birth certificate and (where applicable) marriage certificate (and, if in a foreign language, also a translation). 

You can either post your to documents to Camden Town Hall, Judd St, WC1H 9JE, or attend our office in person to drop them off.

Once we receive your application we will book an appointment for you.  In some cases it involves statutory declarations, foreign marriages or court orders we will have to refer to the General Register Office for approval which could take up to 6 weeks before an appointment can be made.

There is a £25 non-refundable appointment booking fee for Re-registrations. This fee can be exchanged for 2 birth certificates upon appt attendance. If you do not attend your appointment you will not be refunded.