Camden Council - Nursery Assistant
Camden Council’s Nurseries and Children's centres is offering the chance for a Camden resident, former Camden secondary school student or Camden care leaver to become a nursery apprentice.
- Starting salary: £379 per week -£19,804 per year
- Contract length: 12/18 months
- Hours: 36 hours per week – Monday to Friday (Shifts)
- Qualification: Level 2/3 Childcare (dependent on experience)
- Based: Across the borough of Camden
- Application deadline: 5pm on Monday 29 July
- Employer interview: To be confirmed
- Start date: September 2019/January 2020 (subject to references)
About the team
The children's centres and nurseries are spread across the borough. They support Camden users through pregnancy and birth, until their child is 5 years old.
Please refer to the job description for full list of duties and required skills relating to this post.
To apply for this role, you must:
- Be a Camden resident/ care leaver, former Camden secondary school student or Camden care leaver
- Have GCSE grades A*- D or equivalent in maths and English
- Be willing to undergo a written test as part of the recruitment process
- Have been resident in the UK / EU for the last 3 years.
- Have relevant ID proving your right to work in the UK.
NB: Please note that if you are employed you will not be placed in a nursery that your child attends.
Camden Apprenticeships values the diversity of our community and encourages employers to have a workforce that reflects this. We therefore encourage applications from all sections of the community.
A guaranteed invitation to a pre-screening interview is offered to all care leavers who meet the minimum requirements for this role.
How to apply
1. If you have not already done so, please register here.
2. Read the job description carefully
3. Complete a CV form
4. Send this, along with a covering email explaining why you want to apply for this apprenticeship, to email@example.com by midnight on Monday 29 July. Please use the subject heading ‘Nursery Assistant Camden Council’ Team.