Camden Council’s Digital and Data Services team is recruiting
an Apprentice Network Support Technician
An exciting opportunity for you to train, earn and learn. Camden Council’s Digital and Data Services team is offering the chance for a Camden resident, former Camden secondary school student or Camden care leaver to become a Network Support Technician and work towards completing a Level 3 Infrastructure Technician apprenticeship qualification.
- Starting salary: £20,179 per year
- Contract length: 18 months
- Hours: 36 hours per week – Monday to Friday
- Based: Kings Cross/Belsize Park
- Start date: TBC
About the team:
The Digital and Data Services Team use a wide range of technologies to deliver and enable enhanced, efficient and innovative services for the Council and the residents we serve. We also play a key role in supporting our staff, enabling flexible, agile working, saving time and money while delivering better services across Camden.
The Technology function within Digital and Data Services plays a crucial role in supporting the Council’s critical infrastructure. This is crucial to ensuring that day to day service, in particular sufficient coverage of voice and the data network runs seamlessly and effectively to ensure the smooth running of Camden’s day to day services.
About the role:
You will assist with the provision of prompt and effective technical support for the voice and data network service to users across the Council through resolution of incidents and service requests in line with agreed service agreements, ensuring minimal disruption/ loss of service.
- Learning to record, investigate and resolve network support issues
- Collecting routine network load statistics and creating reports
- Assisting in analysing site survey reports and associated follow up work
- Carrying out routine configuration / installation and maintenance routines
- Assisting with the installation, removal, upgrading and repair of equipment.
- Assisting in maintaining the configuration management system (documenting hardware/software items that have been installed, changed or removed)
- See job description for full details of the role
Skills required include:
- Ideally, grade C (4) in maths, English and two other subjects at GCSE (or equivalent)
- An understanding of the role of Infrastructure and Networks to support an organisation
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Able to use MS Office systems and software packages
- Able to work flexibly to meet deadlines
- Able to work as a team
- Good problem solving and organisational skills
- Desirable: Ability to drive with a clean driving licence
See job description for specific skills criteria
To apply for this role, you must:
Be a Camden resident, former Camden secondary school student or Camden care leaver
Have been resident in the UK / EU for the last 3 years (unless you are a refugee or asylum seeker)
Have relevant ID proving your right to work in the UK.
Be willing to undergo a DBS check (disclosure and barring check)
Camden Apprenticeships values the diversity of our community and encourages employers to have a workforce that reflects this. We therefore encourage applications from all sections of the community.
A guaranteed invitation to a pre-screening interview is offered to all care leavers who meet the minimum requirements for this role.
Previous Camden Council ICT applicants need not apply.
Interested in a Camden Apprenticeship?
If you are interested in apprenticeships and want to find out more:
- If you have not done so already please register with Camden Apprenticeships here
- Complete our expression of interest form and send it to email@example.com
Once we receive your form, a member of the team will be in touch to explain next steps. We can also offer feedback and advice on your CV and interview technique to increase your chances of success.
Please remember that you must be a Camden resident, former Camden secondary school student or Camden care leaver to be eligible for our service.
If you require reasonable adjustments in order to make your application, please contact us to discuss how we can help: firstname.lastname@example.org or 02079748778.