We're designing a new website. Visit our new Council Tax pages and tell us what you think.

Problem with your bill?

Tell us if there’s a problem with your council tax bill: if you’ve paid too much, it’s in the wrong name, you think you should get a discount or you want to appeal a decision we've made about a discount, please visit our contact page to get in touch.

We do not decide which council tax band your home is in. That’s done by a government agency. See how to appeal a council tax band at www.gov.uk/council-tax-appeals.

If you are reporting a problem to us, or appealing a council tax band, you must continue to pay council tax as per your bill.

How to appeal a council tax bill

If you are reporting a problem to us, please write to the Council Tax and Business Rates service.

Banding Appeals

The Valuation Office Agency deals with the assessment of council tax bands.

If you think that the band given to your property is incorrect you can, in some cases, appeal.

Appeal to the Valuation Office Agency (VOA)