Adoption of revised local area requirements
We adopted revised local area requirements in July 2018 and are currently in the process of updating this guidance page.
Please check the list of Local Area Requirements July 2018 for the most up to date information before submitting your application.
Where a major development is proposed, an affordable housing statement may need to accompany your planning application.
The information below provides further details about when an affordable housing statement is required, what information this document should include, how to submit it to us and where further information can be found.
When is an affordable housing statement required?
An affordable housing statement should accompany applications for:
- residential developments of 10 or more new units
- developments with a capacity of 1000m2
What information should be included in an affordable housing statement?
An affordable housing statement should include the following information:
- the number of residential units
- the mix of residential units including the number of habitable rooms/bedrooms and/or the floor space of habitable areas
- floor plans showing the location of residential units and the number of habitable rooms/bedrooms and/or the floor space of habitable areas
- the different levels or types of affordability or tenure for the different units (where applicable)
How do I submit an affordable housing statement?
If you apply for planning permission online using the Planning Portal, you will be given the opportunity to upload your affordable housing statement after you have completed the relevant application forms. Before uploading any files, please read our guidance notes for submitting electronic files with planning applications.
If you choose to submit a paper-based application instead, you will need to provide four copies of your affordable housing statement along with four copies of the relevant application forms.
Where can I find out further information?
For further Camden-specific advice, consult the latest planning policy and supplementary documents: